Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!!!!

I can't believe that 2010 is here! I thought that it would be fun to make a challenge for myself. Usually everyone makes the "I am gonna lose weight" or "I am gotta get in shape" resolution. Been there, done that. This year, I thought that I would give myself a fiscally challenging resolution. What is this resolution, you may ask. Here's the deal, I am not going to buy any new clothing for all of 2010. I am allowing myself $20 a month to purchase thrift. If it isn't in a thrift store, I don't need it.

I know that this is going to be hard. I do love my Target and outlet shopping. But, I am happy to give it the old college try and see if I can make it through a whole year. Along the way, I am gonna document my oufit du jour to prove that I have not made my way to the dark side and broken my resolution.

Without any further adieu.....

The Outfit Du Jour 1/1/2010

Scarf - Made by Me
Turquoise thermal shirt - Old Navy Outlet
Gray Hoodie - Champion
Jeans - Liz Claiborne (thrifted)
Booties - Mossimo

Today's outfit is not spectaclular I know. I am sticking to the premise that I am still on vacation until Monday and you are lucky I am not still in my p-jams. Hahaha!!! Tomorrow, I might make a journey to the RAD Thrift Store. I have $20 and it is already burning a hole in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment